Get the right cancer treatment the first time.
At Ourotech, we believe that cancer treatment can be better. Instead of the trial and error method that is ubiquitous today, we’re working to personalize cancer treatment – because every patient’s cancer is unique.
To achieve this, we’ve developed a medical device that takes patient tumor samples and identifies the best treatment for that patient.
Our business is growing. We’ve recently secured funding from VCs and lab space at JLabs in downtown Toronto.
To growing our business, we’re looking for skilled employees to join our early stage team – someone who shares our passion for getting the right cancer treatment the first time.
Immunotherapy Model Researcher
The Immunotherapy Model Researcher will develop an in vitro model for testing immunotherapies. Currently, Ourotech’s proprietary cancer-on-a-chip model contains a solid tumor module and a liver module, with circulating blood and a drug injection system. The researcher will incorporate immune cells (e.g. T-cells) into the chip. The researcher will also test existing immunotherapies to verify the accuracy of the model. Later, they will test new immunotherapies developed by pharmaceutical companies for their drug development.
Handle patient tumor and blood samples
Co-culture cancer and immune cells
Operate a microfluidic device
Test immunotherapies using various phenotypic and genotypic assays
Create assay protocols for commercial drug testing services
Transition research into animal/human trials for applications in personalized medicine
- Master’s or greater in Life Sciences
- Experience in handling/culturing human cells, particularly immune cells
- Experience in handling human blood
- Experience in Oncology and/or Immunology
- Experience in running various phenotypic and genotypic assays
- Published papers in the life sciences required
Nice to Have:
- PhD in Life Sciences preferred
- Experience in animal/clinical trials preferred
- 2+ years of work experience in cancer research, immunology, or tissue engineering
What’s in it for You
Downtown Toronto lab space (JLabs@Toronto)
Potential stock options in a growing startup
An open work environment where your opinions are valued
Potential for high career growth in a fast-paced environment
Email resumes to email@example.com